The historic city of Southampton is fast becoming one of the most popular leisure and cultural destinations in the south.
Its appeal lies in its diverse nightlife, exciting retail opportunities, varied leisure facilities, superb heritage attractions, lively events programme and of course the excitement and charm of a bustling waterfront location.
The city’s Maritime Museum tells the story of this important port and is home to the Titanic Exhibition where visitors can re-live the ill-fated story of this famous ship. Whilst close by, the Southampton Hall of Aviation depicts the history of aviation in the Solent area and tells the story of the legendary Spitfire designed in Southampton.
Just a stones throw away from the Aviation Museum is the fascinating God’s House Tower Museum of Archaeology illustrating important periods in Southampton’s history.
The magnificent West Quay is the city’s premier shopping centre, making Southampton the top-shopping destination in the South of England.
Finally Southampton offers a superb choice of day or night-time entertainment as well as offering visitors a superb choice of the finest cosmopolitan cuisine.
Must see and do
* Solent Sky, Southampton
* Maritime Museum, Southampton
* Museum of Archaeology, Southampton
* Town Wall, Southampton
* Southampton City Art Gallery, Southampton
* Visit Southampton (www.visit-southampton.co.uk/)
* Destination Southampton (www.destinationsouthampton.co.uk)
* Visit South East England (www.visitsoutheastengland.com)
* Spitfire Online (www.spitfireonline.co.uk)
* Britain's Best Breaks (www.britainsbestbreaks.tv/southampton/)
Southampton High Street
Museum of Archaeology, Southampton