Amberley Lodge is managed and run by Amberley Lodge Limited (Company Registration No' 3986840). It is a family business, the directors being Peter and Eliana Welburn. The Registered office is 1 Howard Road, Southampton, SO15 5BB.
This privacy statement should be read in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions.
Your right to privacy is important to us.
The purpose of this statement is to explain what information we collect about you, why we collect it and how we may use it.
We are fully registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and ensure that we comply with all protection the Act affords to you. Further information on the Act is on the Internet at www.dataprotection.gov.uk . or www.dti.gov.uk .
You have a right to know what data we hold about you. For details please send a stamped addressed envelope together with your remittance in the sum of £10.00 to cover our administrative expenses. To ensure that your details are not sent to an unauthorised person, when requesting your details please send us the original of a utility bill (eg: telephone, gas, electricity) bearing your home address. This will be returned to you along with your details.
You may, at any time by notice in writing to us, request that we delete all data in our possession concerning yourself and/or that we do not use any such data for future marketing purposes. We will as soon as reasonably possible comply with such a request and all data (save any that may be properly required to be retained by law) will be deleted.
What information do we collect?
We may collect two basic types of information:
• Personally identifying information eg: name, address, email address, mobile telephone number;
• Non-personally identifying information eg: when you visit our web site we may record the pages you browse by the use of "cookies" (see further below)
If you seek to book accommodation online, we ask you to give us your name, email address, mobile telephone number and other personal information that will be needed to supply our services to you. The provision of this information also enables us to respond more efficiently to any enquiries or complaints you may have.
CCTV. In the interests of mutual security, we may use CCTV facilities to the exterior and interior common areas of Amberley Lodge. The information retained on tape will be kept no longer than is reasonably necessary having regard to the purpose for which it was collected.
How do we use your information?
The information you give us is used in a variety of ways, including:
• to confirm your booking;
• to promote and advertise new services or promotions to you;
• to prepare guest profiles - this assists us in ensuring that our services are tailored to your preferences;
• to improve on our service and this web-site;
• credit checking;
• age verification and anti-fraud prevention
Who do we disclose your information to?
The following persons may have access to your information:
• the directors and officers of Amberley Lodge Limited including its employees in so far as they need to know such information in order to provide our services to you;
• other members of our "Group" (if any) which for the purpose of this Privacy Statement shall mean any company or other entity in which we own more than 15% of the issued share capital;
• competent regulators and law enforcement agencies;
Transferring your information and Security
Save as mentioned above, we do not, without your consent, share your personal information with anyone.